This page contains release notes for Invoiced. Each week we will share what is new on Invoiced. The API changelog can be found here.
- The Stripe customer import tool could fail to complete an import with an internal server error.
- The balance forward statement did not reflect overpayments correctly in the credit balance section.
- Major ERP Connect 1.2.0 was released. See details below.
- New information was added to the periodic summary email adds new information, including personalized action items and additional KPIs that are present on the dashboard.
- The Intacct integration will only perform one API operation at a time in order to reduce rate limiting errors.
- Reading invoices, credit memos and payments from QuickBooks Online did not respect the date range setting.
- Invoices did not sync to ChartMogul if they had 0 line items.
ERP Connect new features
- ERP Connect can now upload custom field data to Invoiced, including document and line item level custom fields.
- There are now 15 types of data that can be uploaded to Invoiced via ERP Connect.
- The interface of ERP Connect was refined in order to improve usability.
- The Inbox page has received a major design update that makes it easier to manage conversations with customers. The Inbox is now accessible from mobile devices as part of this update.
- Payments were not correctly filtered for users with customer restrictions.
- Balance forward statements did not correctly represent account credits added from a credit note.
- Users with customer restrictions that had no assigned customers did not have any restrictions placed on their searches.
- In the customer portal, customers are now able to add secondary payment methods without replacing the default payment method.
- The Stripe customer import tool no longer modifies the Stripe customer in order to permit cross-account importing.
- The ChartMogul integration did not correctly sync discounts for one-time line items.
- The Items API endpoints as described in the documentation were not working.
- The payment plan onboarding email template was selected as the default when sending invoices after the payment plan had already been approved.
- Sending emails from the inbox will auto-assign the matching customer, if one exists.
- The spreadsheet import tool can now import credit balance adjustments.
- The email template editor now populates the variable list with custom fields.
- When sending emails, clearing the BCC field would use the default BCC list instead of no BCC recipients.
- Filtering payments by amount in the API caused an invalid request error.
- Changing the custom field value of a customer did not trigger a customer.updated event.
- Sending a single text message to multiple contacts would use the first contact's name instead of changing the contact name with each recipient.
- If you use the Avalara integration then sign up pages will now display a live, accurate sales tax preview to the buyer.
- We now support 8-digit BIN codes with credit card payments in advance of Visa's upcoming migration to 8-digit BIN.
- Some refunds would not be represented in the Payment Summary report.
- The contact spreadsheet import tool did not correctly import email addresses.
- Fixed a bug that could cause paid invoices imported from QuickBooks Online using the historical data import tool to show as open on Invoiced.
- Tiered and volume pricing is now correctly reflected in the sign up page total preview.
- Fixed an internal server error when approving estimates that collected an up-front deposit through PayPal.
- Major You can now specify the payment gateway used to process payments for specific customers. When creating or editing customers you can find these fields in the Options tab. You can also set this field using spreadsheet imports.
- The QuickBooks Online historical data import tool can now bring in your Products and Services list.
- IdP-Initiated Single Sign-On is now supported by the SAML 2.0 integration.
- Payments imported using the spreadsheet import tool can now be partially and fully applied.
- The Lob integration has a new Custom Envelope setting which allows you to send letters using a custom designed envelope from your Lob account.
- Payment gateways that support ACH debits now have a configurable SEC code that will override the SEC code selected by Invoiced. This can be configured in Settings → Payment Gateways.
- Added a Convenience Fees report to the list of available reports.
- A new integration for the Chase Paymentech Orbital payment gateway is available.
- The application will take you to your last visited selection of the Payments or Transactions page when clicking on the Payments tab.
- The Create Reports permission is no longer required to view the Dashboard page, create exports, or merge customers.
- Searching of custom fields has been significantly improved.
- Added a Sync Now button to the Earth Class Mail integration in the integration settings.
- Fixed a bug that permitted contacts to be edited and deleted without the edit customer permission.
- Significantly improved the load times (100x improvement) of the Dashboard page for high volume accounts.
- The ID field of coupons, items, plans, and tax rates uploaded through a spreadsheet will be auto-generated if not provided.
- The full credit note object was not available to line items in custom open item statement PDF templates.
The payment pages in the customer portal have an updated look. No functionality was changed in this update.
- Creating a Promise-to-Pay through the customer portal has an added Payment Reference # field.
- A failed charge event will appear in the History tab of the associated invoice.
- When editing an invoice, credit note, or estimate in the web application, the date will be set to a time of day at 6am and due dates will have a time of day at 6pm, per your computer's clock.
- Creating a payment with an invalid customer ID produced an internal server error instead of an invalid request error.
- Creating an invoice in the application would not always copy over custom field values from the customer.
- A validation error is returned when trying to set an invalid parent customer.
- Fixes a bug that could cause an email thread to be deleted if sending failed.
- Using the QuickBooks Online initial import tool could generate an internal server error if payments only and import invoices as draft options were selected.
- QuickBooks Online initial import tool has a transaction date range option. Previously all transactions were imported.
- Fixed a missing draft invoices setting in the QuickBooks Online integration settings.
- Major QuickBooks Online integration update. See details below.
- Major Intacct integration syncs payments at payment level instead of line item level. Voiding payments on Invoiced will reverse the corresponding payment on Intacct.
- Major Sub-customer transactions are included in Balance Forward and Open Item statements.
- Major Credit notes can be applied in the customer portal if the Select Invoices to Pay setting is enabled. This setting is off by default and can be enabled in the customer portal settings.
- Added a CSV export option to the Payments page.
- The limit on the number of recipients in an email has been removed.
- There is a new failed charge event in the activity log when payments are declined. You can turn on notifications for failed payments in the notification settings.
- Estimate deposits can be paid using PayPal.
- Partial refunds are no longer permitted on the same day that a credit card payment is processed. This is because most payment gateways will void the full amount instead of a partial refund. Instead a full refund can be issued or a partial refund can be issued on the following day.
- The QuickBooks Desktop integration reads all invoices, paid or open.
- Pending line items can be created using items that do not have a default price.
- Fixed a bug where QuickBooks Online custom fields had an inaccurate name.
- Labels are now consistent on customer portal and PDF statement views.
- Fixed a bug where the data type of object properties in webhook events was not consistent.
- Fixed a bug that prevented approving estimates when AutoPay was enabled and the estimate had a deposit amount.
- Subscription MRR value is now accurate when tax inclusive pricing is used.
- When a subscription that has the same plan used for 3 or more subscription addons was modified it could produce an incorrect proration.
- The Pay Now button is no longer shown in the customer portal if the amount owed will be collected by AutoPay.
- Fixed a bug where payments applied to multiple invoices would sometimes sync to Intacct as multiple payments.
- Early pay discounts on estimates would not be transferred to invoices generated from that estimate.
- Fixed a bug where reconciliation report would not include some prior period payments in the opening balance.
- Fixed a bug where transactions with the same date could have an out of order running balance value on account statements.
- In the QuickBooks Desktop integration reading a payment would fail if it was applied to an invoice belonging to a job and an invoice belonging to the parent customer.
- Fixed an object not found error in the QuickBooks Desktop integration when multiple A/R accounts are used.
- Fixed the line item price sent to Xero when tax inclusive pricing is used.
- Clicking the sort button in a table view now returns to the first page.
- Filtering with boolean custom fields was not memorized correctly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some chasing legacy schedules from being edited.
- Sign up pages that were created from the customer page did not appear in the settings unless refreshing the page.
- Improved the error message shown when payments are declined using the Braintree payment gateway.
QuickBooks Online integration new features
- QuickBooks Online integration supports reading credit notes. This must be enabled in the integration settings.
- Data is read from QuickBooks Online hourly. Data is written to QuickBooks Online instantly.
- With the new continuous syncing the list of recent syncs on the Accounting Sync page has been replaced with a list of current sync failures.
- QuickBooks Online sync errors can be retried individually instead of re-syncing your entire account.
- Convenience fees are synced to QuickBooks Online by creating an invoice with a single line item called "Convenience Fee".
- The sub-customer/job hierarchy on QuickBooks Online is synced to Invoiced instead of creating a flat hierarchy.
- The QuickBooks Online import tools have been consolidated into a single tool that allows customers, invoices, payments, and credit memos to be imported with one click.
- Paid invoices can be imported from QuickBooks Online using the initial data import tool. Previously only open invoices could be imported.
- Transactions voided on QuickBooks Online (invoices, payments, credit memos) now void the corresponding transaction on Invoiced.
- Customer updates from QuickBooks Online are now synced to Invoiced even when there are no new invoices for that customer.