Payment portals have become quite common for billing and collections. They give customer a one-stop shops to make payments, view invoices, look back on transaction history and manage their accounts. If you accept electronic payments, you should have one, preferably branded for your company.
If you’re using Quickbooks Desktop or Enterprise (2017 and later), it’s a fairly straightforward process to set one up and connect it to your Invoiced account. We’ll go through the setup, step by step, below.
Step 1: Connect Invoiced to Quickbooks
- On your Invoiced dashboard, go to SETTINGS → ACCOUNTING SYNC
- Select QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP. Select SETUP.
- Click GENERATE QWC CONFIGURATION
- Download INVOICE.QWC and PAYMENT.QWC
- Copy both passwords. Note that if you close the window without copying them, you will need to restart step one.
Step 2: Connect Quickbooks to Invoiced
- Open QUICKBOOKS WEB CONNECTOR
- Click ADD AN APPLICATION
- Select the INVOICE.QWC file. Include the password in the PASSWORD field.
- Repeat the process for PAYMENT.QWC
- Click SELECT ALL
- Click UPDATE SELECTED
Your accounts are now linked and you are free to use Invoiced to send customer billings. Note that invoices sent and payments taken through Quickbooks may not necessarily sync with your Invoiced account.
However, any invoices sent through Invoiced, and paid through Quickbooks, will reflect in Invoiced.
Step 3: Accessing Payment Portal in Invoiced
Customers will be able to view their Invoiced customer portal by clicking on the VIEW INVOICE button in their invoice email.
They may also view it directly through yourcompany.invoiced.com, or you can set up a custom domain like billing.yourcompany.com.
From there, customers have four different ways to sign in:
- No password sign in - Request a link by using the email associated with the customer’s account. The customer will then receive a unique URL to view their account.
- Single sign-on - Business owners can create single sign-on links through the Invoiced API or dashboard.
- Sign up pages - Customers are temporarily signed on when they go through a sign up page.
- Manage subscription links - Customers are temporarily when they click on MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION in any correspondence.
There are a few steps to getting a world class payment portal set up for QuickBooks Desktop. But with a platform like Invoiced and just a few clicks you can be on your way to providing your customers with a smooth-as-butter payment experience without investing much time or money.